Many Ninemeister clients desire a Porsche that is visually unique and different from the original factory design. For others keeping the car looking very close indeed to the original Porsche silhouette comes high on the list of objectives. It’s what lies beneath that is important to them. This 9m93rs Touring project is one of those understated projects.
The owner is based in the Far East and wished to create a visually conservative Porsche 911, with his perfect dynamic specification. The concept he agreed on with Ninemeister was to create a perfect, standard looking 993 C2S, with 993RS underpinnings and performance. Plus a little added Ninemeister craftsmanship.
The base Porsche 993 was stripped back to the bare metal, then throughly overhauled for corosion. The sunroof was deleted by replacing it with an entire Porsche factory roof skin component. Following that, the Ninemeister 9mRS chassis package was installed. Developed in house by the Ninemiester team, this gives the full complement of RS chassis improvements, plus some 9m elements engineered in house to further improve the chassis.
This includes 9m93rs front suspension uprights and the Ninemeister Stiff Axle Kit. Bilstein PSS10 dampers and springs were specified and the front brakes were upgraded to 993RS specification.
The engine specification was designed to create a highly responsive unit that had many elements of the 993RS feel, with added mid range power and torque. To achieve this, the Ninemeister 3.8 high torque engine was built and installed, along with a 9mrs lightweight flywheel, 9m limited slip differential and RS gearshift mechanism.
For the exterior finish, the car was painted in the Ninemeister paint and body department in Porsche Ocean Blue. Inside the car is principally Porsche 993 Exclusive Pack trim, with hard back standard Porsche sports seats. The instruments were refurbished to 9m specification and the audio system now has the 9m speaker package installed.
The finished car does look in many ways like a very nicely restored and refurbished, standard Porsche 993 C2S. And that was the owner’s principal objective visually. The magic happens away from public view, beneath the immaculate Ocean Blue paintwork, where the beating heart is a carefully co-ordinated series of studied improvements that optimised this Porsche 993 to be exactly the Porsche he wished to enjoy whenever he slides behind the wheel of his own, perfect, Ninemeister built Porsche 911.
It is far more that simply an immaculate Carrera C2S. More even than a 993RS in disguise. This 9m93rs Touring is all of those elements, and then some more.
Bodywork and Chassis
· Original 993 Carrera S Turbo-look body
· Sunroof delete (full factory roof skin)
· 9mRS chassis package (RS reinforcements, brackets & seam welding)
· 9m93RS front suspension uprights
· 9m93RS stiff axle kit & bushes
· Bilstein PSS10 spring & damper package
· 993RS front brake upgrade (Big Blacks)
· 993C2S brake servo, master cylinder, ABS
· 9mRS engine & gearbox mounts
Paint and Trim
· Porsche Ocean Blue
· Exclusive pack Grey & Charcoal leather, fully restored
· New original material carpet set, headlining
· 993 plastic back sports seats
· Electric windows
· RS gearshift
· Fully refurbished instruments
· 9m speaker package
Wheels and Tyres
· Original Porsche hollow spoke 993 Turbo twist alloys 8×18 front, 10×18 rear
· Michelin Pilot Sport N3 225/40 front, 295/30 rear
Engine and Transmission
· 9m X51 3.8 litre high torque engine (325hp)
· 9mRS lightweight flywheel package
· 9m Motronic engine tune
· 6 speed C2 G50/20 gearbox
· 9m limited slip differential